Our team can provide expert advice about the obligations for a project under the Victorian Heritage Act 2017, local government planning schemes and other heritage listings.
We have undertaken many historical heritage and archaeology projects in Melbourne’s CBD as well as in various suburban and rural locations for a wide variety of project types, including major infrastructure and utilities projects, large construction developments and residential subdivisions, down to smaller, single-site projects.
The historical archaeological services that we provide include:
- Due diligence assessments of project obligations under the Victorian Heritage Act 2017, as well as the local government planning schemes and Commonwealth and other heritage listings
- Preparation of Predictive Archaeological Assessments (PAAs) or Archaeological Management Plans (AMPs)
- Preparation of heritage consents and permits for sites listed on the Victorian Heritage Inventory (VHI) and Victorian Heritage Register (VHR)
- Design and management of historical archaeological investigations
- Archaeological excavations
- Historical archaeological surveys
- Documentation and recording of heritage places, including 3D photogrammetry modelling
- Production of detailed historical heritage and archaeological reports
- Preparation of VHI and VHR site cards for submission to Heritage Victoria
- Historical artefact management, cataloguing and analysis
- Preparation and management of heritage interpretation schemes
- Media liaison and community engagement
- Detailed historical land use and background history research
At Dr Vincent Clark Archaeology & Heritage we also have qualified maritime archaeologists with experience undertaking maritime cultural heritage assessments and investigations. We can provide advice about your project obligations under the Victorian Aboriginal Heritage Act 2006, Victorian Heritage Act 2017 and Underwater Cultural Heritage Act 2018.
The maritime archaeological services that we provide include:
- Due diligence assessments
- Preparation of maritime archaeological management plans
- Preparation of heritage consents for maritime archaeological sites listed on the VHI and preparation of shipwreck permits for shipwrecks registered on the VHR.
- Supervision of underwater dive investigations.